Monday, February 4, 2013

This and That in January




Saying good bye to Helen and Zach


The birthday boy decides to treat us all to the huge Reese's cup he received at Christmas!


 Even the tiniest portion was very rich!

 Happy to receive new running shoes (very much needed!) and a "Peruvian" type cap for winter jogging.  He had very specific criteria for this hat - wanted the ear flaps,securing snaps and just the right thickness.

Perfect!

Rocky start for the trip to Birmingham, England and then to Dublin, Ireland

Resulted in a restless overnight in the Hamburg airport

Buckeye on the streets of Dublin




This hotel is standing on the location of the music hall where Handel's Messiah was first performed.



A Buckeye appreciates music history

 
I finished this small table square after returning home from the States.




While John was on his England/Ireland adventure, I finished Steffi's sofa throw.


On some of these photos you can see the machine quilting, especially in the border.



When I finished Steffi's quilt, I did this project from a book I bought when I went to the quilting shop in Marion, IN.  That was when the author/quilter herself was at the store.  Helen picked out these batik fabrics when we were at the little Amish fabric store near Bremen, IN.   Perfect choice for this pattern!



Now I'm sewing a sofa quilt for John.  I love the one I made for him, but I wanted to use fabrics that were a bit more rustic/outdoorsy.  He helped pick out the fabric, appropriately named "Trail's End"!  What can I say - I'm always drawn back to nature's fall colors!






I've got a lot of fabric laid out around my sewing studio, just to keep specific projects in mind.


No comments: